Absolutely ages ago, I was nominated for a ‘Reader Appreciation’ award but I never got round to filling the thing in, and now the lovely Scrunchy has nominated me for the ‘Versatile Blogger’ and ‘One Lovely Day Awards’ so I’ll do them all in one go!
First of all, Scrunchy. She is ace. If anybody who reads my blog hasn’t read hers, check it out. She’s brave, strong and funny and she has come an awful long way in the year or so I’ve been reading her blog. Oh, and she uses words like “battygash” and “nang”. Ace.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
As for nominations, Ellie has pretty much got them covered! I think all the ones she reads, I read too so off the top of my head I can’t think of any unique names. This is probably against the rules, but I’ll have to borrow/steal Scrunchies (sorry!) nominations and give double recommendations to:
- Sooz – she’s off exploring Cuba at the moment but she makes me laugh so much
- Wee Scone is really giving recovery a good go, she is determined and I like her writing
- Over at Blogger there are Clemmy and Aggy.
- Fiona – she is a brave lady this one!
- Emma is a blogger who also writes about disorders, her latest post is nice and positive.
- This blog title contains one of my favourite words 🙂 Serendipitous Mornings
- Mel – she is ace. Amazing drawings and inspirational words. She is a great motivator.
I know there are more blogs in my reader but I can’t think what they are right now, I might add them on here when I remember!
1. I have broken my nose three times. Once, I attempted a backwards somersault in an indoor ‘adventure’ centre and ended up bleeding ALL over the bouncy castle. The second time, I was walking around on my knees with my arms inside my jumper so when I fell forward…there were no arms to stop me. Just my nose. The third time I blame my brother. We were lying on the floor with our heads at opposite ends and the soles of our feet were together (we were measuring our feet) which would have been fine until he kicked out really really hard at my foot which made me knee myself in the face. Again.
2. I have a big circular scar on my knee from tripping over my skip-it in Primary School.
3. I really dislike Cats. (Sorry Cat lovers, I know there’s a lot of you about!) I think it’s almost certainly because I’m allergic to them, but they don’t run after sticks in the park or play football like Dogs do.
4. Another reason for the Cat thing, I missed the final day of a Football ‘Soccer School’ because I was too ill to go – all because I stayed at my Aunties house full of cats (before I realised I was allergic). I won ‘Player of the day’ for the previous day and wasn’t there to accept my award :(. I begrudge all cats for that reason.
5. I absolutely love stationary. My room is full of notepads, jotters, files and folders which I have a compulsion to buy. Then there’s the thousands of pencils, pens, rubbers, felt tips…..
6. I love to sing when I’m on my own. I would never ever ever ever (repeat x 100) sing in front of people, but when I’m driving or in the house alone I sing at the top of my voice and it always lifts my mood. Stevie Wonder is a favourite of mine.
7. My hair is super curly. Mostly, you wouldn’t know though because I straighten it to death (got to love GHD’s).
Ta da! I can’t believe how long it took me to think of 7 random things, that’s a bit ridiculous. To those I nominated, you have already been nominated by Ellie so if there is somebody I have forgotten (and there almost certainly will be) but I haven’t put you up there, please fill it in anyway!
1. What is your favourite colour?
Red. It is the colour of my football team and when I wear red t-shirts/jumpers I feel quite brave because it is a nice, bright colour.
2. What is your favourite animal?
Pet-wise, definitely Dogs. I miss our old Dog a lot, and didn’t realise how much I would until he died. My favourite animal outside of pets are definitely Monkeys. They’re awesome. They’re cheeky, they bounce around and fight with each other and play catch and hide and seek. They swing about and laugh and show off at the Zoo, I just think they’re ace.
3. What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink?
I am a complete Tea addict. I probably drink over 10 cups a day (I’ve never really counted, but I will today and see what number I get!) I also love Diet Coke. I know it’s probably bad for you but I don’t care to be honest, it tastes nice and quenches my thirst in a way water never does.
4. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter?
Facebook for stalking people I know, Twitter for stalking people I don’t. That’s the condensed version of my reasoning! I use Facebook to stay up to date on what my old school/uni friends are up to – but in all honesty I never see them in real life so it’s a bit pointless. I just like to be nosey. I love Twitter for keeping up to date with the news, and it’s really great for teaching as well – people are always around to give ideas and advice.
5. What is your favourite pattern?
This is a really odd question. I don’t think I’ve ever thought about it. I quite like stripes because they look nice and tidy. I also like swirls like this because it’s the sort of doodle I used to do when I was bored in school.
6. Do you prefer giving or getting presents?
Giving! I always go OTT. I’m told I’m a very good present buyer because I always listen out for things people might want, looking for snippets of information to help me buy the perfect present! I like receiving actual presents – but feel horribly awkward and self conscious when I have to open them.
7. What is your favourite number?
For Footballing reasons, 7. For Birthday reasons, 27. This is very weird for me because ordinarily – I like things to be even. Choosing two odd numbers for my favourite numbers is against my usual compulsion to have EVERYTHING even!
8. What is your favourite day of the week?
I like Sundays for Sunday Lunch and Football (during the season). When working, I like Wednesdays because you’re half way there. Tuesdays suck, officially the worst day of the week.
9. What is your favourite flower?
I love Sunflowers because they’re big and bright. Lillies are another favourite, they look elegant and smell nice (except the stupid orange bit which stains clothes)
10. What’s your passion?
Erm, I don’t know. I don’t think I’m ‘passionate’ about anything really. I like stuff though. I like music and football. I don’t know if I could say I’m passionate about them.